The enzyme Citrate Lyase is a part of the process of fatty acid biosynthesis. It is the link between metabolizing energy causing carbohydrates and producing fatty acids in the body.
• What is Citrate Lyase? – In order to control weight gain and aid in weight loss in a healthy way, controlling Citrate Lyase enzyme is the key. Citrate Lyase happens to be an important enzyme because one of its functions is to convert carbs into energy.
However, its other function which involves converting unutilized carbs into fat and storing it for future use is the one which leads to weight gain. This is why many researches are conducted to find a way of controlling Citrate Lyase by slowing or blocking it so that the fat storing process can be curbed.
• How Does Citrate Lyase Cause Fat Accumulation? – A reaction in the human body called fatty acid biosynthesis is catalyzed by Citrate Lyase. In this reaction, Citrate is turned into Acetyl CoA. Later, the body uses this Acetyl CoA for making fat.
Basically, since the body’s energy requirements are finished after using some of the carbohydrates for energy generation, the rest which remains unutilized is stored as fat. The major cause for weight gain is consuming more carbohydrates than is necessary for the body. Extra carbs lead to fat storage.
• Which Element in Garcinia Cambogia Controls Citrate Lyase? – Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit found to grow in Central Africa, West Africa, South East Asia and India. The flesh of this fruit is called tamarind and it tastes acidic. It is commonly used in fish curing, curries, chutneys and soups, especially in the cuisine of the nations where it is found.
Now, because Citrate Lyase converts unused energy and glucose into fat, a key element found in Garcinia Cambogia blocks these enzymes. This element is called Hydroxycitric Acid or HCA. It prevents fat formation by blocking Citrate Lyase.
• How Does HCA Aid In Weight Loss By Blocking Citrate Lyase? – Because HCA blocks Citrate Lyase, the stored fat is also converted into energy. This increases the body’s metabolism and fat is burned quickly.
• What Are The Other Benefits Of Citrate Lyase Found in Garcinia Cambogia? – HCA not only helps in fat burning by blocking Citrate Lyase, it also performs various other weight loss functions.
– Suppressing Appetite – The serotonin levels in the brain are increased by HCA. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter which helps to control appetite. Most food cravings are related to emotions rather than actual hunger and by increasing the levels of Serotonin, these emotional cravings are successfully suppressed by HCA. Thus, the need to consume more food and calories is reduced by HCA.
– Improving Mood – Weight loss can cause stress, depression and anxiety because of various psychological reasons. HCA releases cortisol. This controls binge eating, mood fluctuations and also allows the body to enjoy a peaceful sleep.
This is how Citrate Lyase affects the body and is blocked by HCA.